Bermad C70-SP is a high quality combination air valve (approved to AS4956 and appraised by WSAA) for a variety of water networks and operating conditions. It evacuates air during pipeline filling, allows efficient release of air pockets from pressurized pipes with a surge protection device minimising potential water hammer, and enable large volume of air intake in the event of network draining. With its advanced aerodynamic design, double orifice anti-slam/slow closing device, this valve provides excellent protection against air accumulation, vacuum formation and pressure surges, with improved sealing in low pressure conditions. The valve minimizes water spraying during air release.
- Fully approved and acredited to AS4956 , AS4020, AS4158 , AS4087
- Fully WSAA appraised product.
- Standard fitted with surge protection mechanism
- Straight flow body with nominal (equal) inlet and outlet size
- Aerodynamic full-body kinetic shield
- Innovative 2-step function, automatic orifice
- Optional outlets
- 2 service ports
- Drainage valve
- Compact, simple, robust and reliable structure
- Fully corrosion-resistant parts
- Optional inflow prevention and insect screen
- Higher than usual air flow rates
- Low pressure sealing (0.1bar)
- Minimizes water spraying during air release
- Lower maintenance and increased life span
Approved to AS4956 , AS4020 , AS4158 & AS4087
Appraised by WSAA
Special low pressure sealing feature 0.5m
Standard with an external check valve to prevent air intake
Available in threaded BSP male in DN50
Available in flanged in DN50, DN80 , DN100, DN150 & DN200
Compact, simple, robust and reliable structure
Fully corrosion-resistant parts
Elongated body design with non-stick coating
Valve is opened from the top
Pressure rating: PN16, PN35
Operating pressure range: 0.1 – 16 bar, 0.1-35bar
Operating temperature: Water up to 60°C
Body Material: Cast ductile iron
Coatings: Fusion Bonded Epoxy, Blue
Inlet sizes: DN50, DN80, DN100, DN150, DN200 (2″, 3″, 4″, 6″, 8″)
Connections: Threaded Female BSPT – only for DN50 (2″)
Flanged AS4087 – Class 16/Class 35
Outlets:Sideways DN50-DN80 (2-3″) BSP threaded,
DN100-DN200 (4-8″) Victaulic connection
Additional features: Surge Protection (C70-SP) or
Inflow Prevention (C70-IP)
Download Data Sheet for detailed specifications or contact your local Viadux Customer Centre.
AT A GLANCE
Pumping stations and deep well pumps – Air relief, surge protection and vacuum protection.
Pipelines – Protection against air accumulation and vacuum formation at elevations, slope change points and at road/river crossings.
Water Networks – Protection against vacuum formation, surge and water hammers at points likely to experience water column separation.